Medical Marijuana Evaluations Now Available at AFC Urgent Care Narberth
Call AFC Urgent Care Center in Narberth to Schedule Your Medical Marijuana Card Examination. We are Located at 934 Montgomery Ave Narberth, PA 19072.
Medical marijuana is now legal in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. However, this doesn’t mean you can swing by your local pharmacy or your regular primary care doctor to acquire some. You must be diagnosed with a qualifying severe medical condition and evaluated by a doctor who is certified to verify you have that condition. You must then take that documentation to a certified doctor who will then complete your paperwork for the state registry. At AFC Urgent Care Narberth, we can help you complete that final step to receive a Medical Marijuana Card after you have documentation of qualifying condition.
When was medical marijuana legalized in Pennsylvania?
Legalized medical marijuana was signed into law by Governor Wolf on April 6th, 2016. A system was put into place to qualify patients to begin using it to treat their medical conditions in February 2018, after dispensaries were approved and created across the state.
How do I go about getting approved for medical marijuana in Pennsylvania at AFC Urgent Care Narberth?
The steps to receiving medical marijuana are reasonably straight forward:
- Register through the Medical Marijuana Registry for the program.
- Make an appointment with your primary care provider and have him or her document your condition that is listed as a qualifying condition. PLEASE NOTE: AFC Urgent Care Narberth will not confirm that you have a condition that qualifies for Medical Marijuana. This documentation must be certified by your primary care physician first.
- Call AFC Urgent Care, Narberth to make an appointment so our physician can certify you have a medical condition that qualifies you for medical marijuana. Please bring documentation of the qualifying condition with you to your appointment.
- After your appointment, if you qualify, you will receive an email approving you for a medical marijuana ID card and a link to pay for it. Please note that an appointment with one of our doctors does not automatically mean approval for a medical marijuana card.
- Pay the state the fees associated with a medical marijuana ID card.
- The fee for the examination from our doctors is $200. We are not currently taking insurance for this examination.
- Your medical marijuana ID card will come to you in the mail.
- Locate the nearest approved dispensary in Pennsylvania for medical marijuana.
Does AFC Urgent Care Narberth distribute medical marijuana?
No, we are not a medical marijuana dispensary. There is no medical marijuana on site at our urgent care center. We verify you have a condition that qualifies you for medical marijuana. For a list of local medical marijuana dispensaries in Pennsylvania, click here.
What are some of the conditions that would qualify me for medical marijuana?
The medical conditions that qualify for medical marijuana include:
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Anxiety disorders
- Cancer, including remission therapy
- Crohn’s disease
- Damage to the nervous tissue of the central nervous system (brain-spinal cord) with objective neurological indication of intractable spasticity, and other associated neuropathies
- Dyskinetic and spastic movement disorders
- HIV / AIDS
- Huntington’s disease
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Intractable seizures
- Multiple sclerosis
- Neurodegenerative diseases
- Opioid use disorder for which conventional therapeutic interventions are contraindicated or ineffective, or for which adjunctive therapy is indicated in combination with primary therapeutic interventions
- Parkinson’s disease
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Severe chronic or intractable pain of neuropathic origin or severe chronic or intractable pain
- Sickle cell anemia
- Terminal illness
- Tourette syndrome
Don’t see your condition listed? Visit the official site from the Pennsylvania Department of Health for the latest updates.
How long does my certification last?
In most cases, certifications will be valid for one year. They must be renewed every year by a certified doctor.
Do I have to make an appointment at AFC Urgent Care Narberth for a medical marijuana evaluation?
Yes, please make an appointment with our clinic for a medical marijuana evaluation. Currently, they are only available on Mondays and Wednesdays. Please call (484) 424-0165 and set up an appointment with our doctor. We can also answer any questions you might have.